Fluido Irrigation | FAQ
This is a list of Frequently Asked Questions about the Fluido Irrigation product line. If you need more information, or if you need any other support, please visit our contact page.
1. Is Fluido Irrigation also a pump?
No, Fluido Irrigation is no pump.
2. Can I select the flow rate with Fluido Irrigation?
No. The flow rate and the total volume at the display are measurements. You control the flow rate with the roller clamp.
3. In some surgeries I need more pressure. How can I increase it?
By increasing the height of the fluid bags with the Powerlifter the pressure can be increased. The sets can be used with pressure up to 300 mmHg by using a pressure infusion bag or a pump.
4. There is a low flow. How can the flow be increased?
- Check the system: spikes well inserted in the bags, clamps open, no kinking /twisting of tube, correct priming.
- Check if the endoscope used is not obstructed by material removed during the surgery.
- Also, empting the bladder when full and increasing the height of the bags with the Powerlifter can help.
5. Since I have started using to warm the fluids, there are visible bubbles.
When fluid is heated up, small air bubbles start to form. This is a natural process and the water cannot hold the dissolved air with increasing temperature. Bubbles are not dangerous in endoscopy surgeries.
- Make sure the priming has been done properly;
- Remove air in the de- aeration chamber by using the syringe;
- Fill up completely with fluid the flow chamber;
- Point out the benefits associated with the use of warm fluid.
6. What are the benefits of warming fluids in relation to the bleeding time?
Due to the use of cold fluids there is temporary vasoconstriction. By using a normothermic fluid, vessels are more visible allowing a more accurate coagulation. In addition the clotting time is shorter.
More readings on this topic can be found in:
- Perioperative complications of hypothermia, L. Reynolds et al, ……
- A systematic review of randomized controlled trials of the effect of warmed irrigation fluid on core body temperature during endoscopic surgeries, Y. Jin et al., Journal of Clinical Nursing, 2011
7. What is the advantage of adjusting the temperature?
The use of surgical techniques such as bipolar and laser in BPH treatment is becoming widespread. When for example using a laser, the ideal temperature is 35 °C. Only with Fluido Irrigation you can select the desired temperature. This will be the temperature at the end of the line.
8. Can I use all types of fluids with Fluido Irrigation?
Yes, all types of fluids used in endoscopy procedures are suitable.
9. I already use a warming cabinet
Before the fluid bag is empty, the fluid is at room temp again! This means you are not warming at all.
10. Our surgeons are so fast, patients do not have time to get cold.
The average body temperature after 10 minutes is already 36ºC.
11. Which products do I need to start an Irrigation session?
You need a Fluido Irrigation Fluid Warmer in combination with a Fluido Irrigation URO Set to start the list of procedures.
12. Which product do I need to continue with the second, third, fourth … case?
You only need a Fluido Irrigation URO Patient Line.