Thermoflect | FAQ
This is a list of Frequently Asked Questions about the Thermoflect product line. If you need more information, or if you need any other support, please visit our contact page.
1. What is the purpose of Thermoflect?
Thermoflect is a unique patient warming material used to prevent peri operative hypothermia, thereby improving a patient's clinical outcome and reducing costs.
2. How does Thermoflect reduce healthcare costs?
Managing hypothermia helps to reduce the length of hospital stays and could leads to reductions in Surgical Site Infections (SSI).
3. What is hypothermia?
Hypothermia is a core body temperature of less than 36,0°C . The three levels of hypothermia are mild: 33°C - 35°C, moderate: 28°C - 32°C and deep: < 28°C. For more information, read the booklet Successful Temperature Management.
4. Why prevent hypothermia?
Evidence based practices confirm wound infections rates are more than triple in hypothermic patients. The key to reducing this and associated risks is prevention.
5. How is Thermoflect used most effectively?
For optimum results, Thermoflect should be used according to three principles:
1. Cover the patient early
2. Cover the maximum body surface area
3. Maintain the maximum coverage through all phases of the peri operative experience (Pre-Op, OR, and PACU)
- 6. Can Thermoflect be used in conjunction with other warming methods?
7. Can Thermoflect be sterilized?
Yes. Thermoflect can be sterilized with ethylene oxide.
8. How does Thermoflect work?
Thermoflect works by reflecting body heat (IR) and preventing from convection.
9. What is the bill of material of Thermoflect?
Thermoflect is an innovative material and contains polypropylene, polyethylene and metallised film.
10. How should Thermoflect be positioned?
The Thermoflect product should be placed with the blue side to the patient.
11. Is it safe to use Thermoflect in combination with X-ray and Electroshock therapy?
Yes, Thermoflect can be used with electroshock therapy and X-rays, because Thermoflect is radio-translucent.
12. What are the Thermoflect requirements?
Thermoflect meets all requirements on latex free, antistatic, non-conductive, meets flammability standards, to be used in CT & X-ray.
13. During which phase can you use Thermoflect?
You can use Thermoflect during the pre-, per- and post-operative phase.
14. What are the unique selling points of Thermoflect?
Wide product range, safety, cost effective and easy to use.